This is the 5th match that Sporting de Braga plays in the month of August.
The team has played practically twice a week so far.
They started the month with the 2nd leg of the Europa League’s qualifying round that ended 1-1 and had to go into extra time, where Braga finally overcame their opponents.
Then they played the 1st league match against Benfica, losing 3-1, followed by the visit of Portimonense to Braga, where the team was able to comeback from behind and win 2-1. Last Thursday, they face off against FH in Iceland!
Now they have returned today from Iceland and will have to play at Vila das Aves in the 20th!
Although there is visible improvement in the team’s dynamics, the team is a bit worn off, and that was visible in some periods of the match in Iceland.
We are in an early stage of the season, where the physical condition isn’t great and a bad man management, in this critical stage, can lead to serious injuries. We must see a different Braga this time, with their priority being good management.
Desportivo das Aves promises to be one of this season’s sensation teams, judging by these two first matchdays.
On their first match, they caused Sporting some troubles and although they lost 2-0, the result could have been much different, since they didn’t show much differences in quality, which is always something to highlight, considering the huge difference in budget between both sides.
On their next game, they travelled to Paços de Ferreira, and the match ended in a 2-2 draw. On that match, they, once again, showed some good signs, and were able to confirm their good performance from the 1st match.
On this 3rd matchday, if things go as planned, this should always be a tough match for Sporting de Braga.
With a fatigued Braga side and Aves’ good performances so far, since they play with a lot of pressure and determination, and will play at home, we expect a lot of difficulties for Minho’s Warriors.
Aves vs Braga Pick:
– Sporting de Braga has started off better: they lost 3-1 in the first league match, but then bounced back and won the 2 following games: 2-1 against Portimonense and 2-1 in Iceland.
– Abel’s team has showed itself very productive in the attack, scoring in every game and, in 4 of them, scoring more than once.
– However, if they also scored a lot of goals, they also conceded, and in every game: (1-1), (2-1), (3-1), (2-1) e (1-2).
– Aves has a team with a lot of experienced players. They add experience to quality! Players like Salvador Agra, Nildo Petrolina, Vítor Gomes, or Diego Galo can make all the difference in a team like Aves
– A teem with identity, where you can clearly see the personal “touch” of their manager.
An aggressive team, who pressures hard, who can cover the space and really dangerous in transition. A typical José Mota’s team!
PREDICTION AND BETTING TIP
|Aves Double Chance (1X)|